About the Journal
Focus and Scope
MIKIA: Mimbar Ilmiah Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak (Maternal and Neonatal Health Journal) is a journal to disseminate various scientific papers about midwifery and other topic related to maternal and neonatal health, also disseminate the conceptual thoughts or ideas and research results that have been achieved in the area of health applied.
MIKIA particularly focuses on the main problems in midwifery areas as follows:
- Family Planning & Contraception
- Mental Health in women cycle lifes
- Sexual Health
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Labor & Birth
- Any specifics issues of child and mother health
Peer Review Process
The reviewers of MIKIA are composed of experts who are competent in the fields of midwifery and other topic related to maternal and neonatal health and each work independently and professionally by upholding the ethical code of scientific publications as reviewers. The peer-review process of MIKIA is as follows:
- The reviewers conduct a review or scanning and examination of the incoming manuscript to be analyzed based on conformity with their field of expertise. Reviewer has the right to refuse if it is not in accordance with their expertise and competence, and the Section Editor can redirect to other appropriate reviewers.
- The reviewed manuscript is a double-blind review (without the identity of the writer and reviewer).
- The reviewers comprehend the manuscript based on the substance (article quality) within a maximum period of 4 weeks after the manuscript is received. If within that period the review of the manuscript has not been completed, the reviewer must confirm to the Editor in Chief of the journal.
- During the review process, the reviewers provide an assessment of the manuscript through the review form that is available within an electronic journal application. If you find it difficult, reviewers can manually review the script on the checklist review form (Ms.Word format) sent by the Section Editor.
- The reviewed manuscript is returned to the Section Editor.
- The reviewer makes decisions on the results of the reviewed manuscript, including:
- Accept Submission (manuscript is accepted).
- Revisions Required (the manuscript needs to be revised by the author and returned to the reviewer).
- Decline Submission (manuscript is declined).
- See Comments (see comments, reviewers refuse subtly).
The reviewer’s decision will be considered by the Board of Editors to determine the ensuing process of the manuscript.
Revision Stage. Once the manuscript has been received with notations of minor or major revisions, it will be returned to the author with a review summary form. For manuscripts accepted with major revisions, authors are allotted 4 weeks to revise. Whereas for manuscripts accepted with minor revisions, 1 week is allotted for revision. When returning the revised manuscript, the author is required to fill in and attach the review summary form.
Final decision. At this stage, the manuscript will be re-evaluated by the Board of Editors to ensure that the author has revised in response to the reviewers’ concerns. In this final decision, the manuscript may still be rejected if the author did not seriously conduct the revisions necessary.
Proofread. Once the manuscript has been deemed acceptable by the Board of Editors, it will undergo a proofreading process to maintain linguistic quality.
Publication confirmation. At this stage, the final layout of the manuscript will be resent to the author to ensure that the content is in accordance with the author’s writing. At this stage, the author may revise any typographical error found in the final manuscript. Once confirmation from the author is given, the Editor will process the manuscript for online publication on the website.
There is no charge for submitted manuscripts.
Article Publication: 300.000.00 (IDR)
MIKIA: Mimbar Ilmiah Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak (Maternal and Neonatal Health Journal) publish 2 times a year (on May and November). The first publication is Volume 1 Nomor 1, May 2017.
Open Access Policy
MIKIA: Mimbar Ilmiah Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak (Maternal and Neonatal Health Journal) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of all articles in MIKIA without any commercial intention.
Publication Ethics and Malpractices Guidelines of MIKIA
MIKIA: Mimbar Ilmiah Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak (Maternal and Neonatal Health Journal) is a peer-reviewed journal. This journal follows guidelines from Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) facing all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, how to handle cases of research and publication misconduct. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the Editor-in-Chief, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher.
MIKIA: Mimbar Ilmiah Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak (Maternal and Neonatal Health Journal) are dedicated to following best practices on ethical matters, errors and retractions. The prevention of publication malpractice is one of the important responsibilities of the editorial board. Any kind of unethical behavior is not acceptable, and the journals do not tolerate plagiarism in any form.
MIKIA adapts COPE to meet high quality standard of ethics for publisher, editors, authors, and reviewers. As an essential issue, publication ethics needs to be explained clearly to improve the quality of the research worldwide. In this part, we explain the standard for editors, authors, and reviewers. Publisher don’t have right to interfere with the integrity of the contents and only support to publish in timely manner.
This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.